This kit is made specifically for the installation of a Ford 3G alternator on any vehicle where the stock alternator was EXTERNALLY regulated. We incorporate a new replacement external regulator box (as shown) to capture the proper circuit and retain the stock wiring harness along with our own 3-wire (3G Series) regulator plug. This kit allows the customer to retain the OEM warning lights and shunt type ammeter ** Installation requires the customer replace the stock external regulator with the box provided, install the alternator and our 3-wire plug, then make one crimp connection from the original Field wire at the alternator.
** direct reading ammeter should not be used or should be bridged due to the significant increase in measured amperage with upgrade alternators
WARNING: California PROP65 Cancer and Reproductive Harm Notice www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
7 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great product makes for an easy up grade to 3g alt on an older fox
Good quality product, but instructions are less than adequate in my opinion for those who have not performed this conversion. As an example, there is no information regarding clocking the alternator to match wiring position of existing alternator (1G to 3G classic Mustang), the illustrative pictures are too small to be effective, and the step-by-step instructions are confusing once you get to the second page. A short and simple PA Performance video regarding this conversion process would solve all of these issues. PA Performance: We have since added additional simplified instructions to this kit.
Very easy to swap, best choice so far
Simple straight forward installation. Instructions where clear and help from tech on the phone was nice also! Installed and worked as advertised! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice kit,fit was fine, though I chose to shorten the wires on my installation. I could see where someone would struggle with the instructions if they are inexperienced. Overall, I'd recommend this kit for converting your charging system
I just finished it today went from 12.7 output to 14.46. I pulled the alt. bracket off to cut, polished it up, bead blasted it and painted with header clear coat and baked it. Had wires running everywhere to make sure everything worked. Got all wiring neaten up. Put about 35 miles on it, done a couple of burnouts and ran it through the gears. Not a problem. Would recommend the upgrade to anyone running under drive pulleys and electric cooling fans.